- From what type of clients will the users access the solution (Web client, Client installed on a PC, Mobile app, Mobile web client)? The SaaS platform is hosted in the Azure cloud and is build on a .NET-Core stack with Azure SQL server. SimaPro SaaS implements a single page application design with a REST API server side and an Angular front end. Latest versions of major browsers are supported. All you need to access is a common browser with access to the internet and navigate to https://apps.simapro.com/ to login.
- Is the service compatible with SSO (for cloud)? depends
- Which SSO technologies are supported (e.g. SAML, OIDC)? SSO / MFA etc not available. Login to SimaPro SaaS solution is via user credentials only (email address and password).
- How will you add users (Manually/Automated)? Access is user / role based. Each assigned user will need to provide an email address at the time of purchase which will be used for login credentials of the SimaPro SaaS solution (user credentials created by PRé).
- How will users get correct access rights (Manually in application / AD Groups)? see above
- Will we have access to a test environment or only the production environment? For quality assurance of software deployed, workflows runs across 4 separate environments from pre-production to production. SimaPro customers will have access only to the production environment.
- What type of backup will we get? Every company will get its own database to isolate the data from others and to be able to restore, backup and scale the database independently of those of other companies. Data is retained for up to 6 months after expiry of a customer account.
- Will Java be required on our clients or servers? No. The SaaS platform is hosted in the Azure cloud and is build on a .NET-Core stack with Azure SQL server.
- Will you send e-mails from the solution? no
- Are you using your own server, or a third-party, to send e-mails? n/a
- Who are the recipients? n/a
- What's the nature of the e-mail (newsletter, personal e-mails etc)? The local sales office will send information about updates and news, to the contact person of the licens. Normally from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org The head office (PRé) will send out general information when required.
Where is the data stored?
Every company will get its own database to isolate the data from others and to be able to restore, backup and scale the database independently of those of other companies. Default multi-tenant option, hosted with MS Azure (servers located in Western Europe). PRé and IT partners are Information Security certified according to ISO 27001. We also adhere to GDPR.
All emails from production are sent through SendGrid, configured to enforce a TLS encryption. The recipient is required to support TLS or have a valid certificate. Encription is always enabled in transit by default.
SimaPro Collect (survey module of SimaPro SaaS solution) emails can be sent to Business user customers with survey information.